Working at Sellafield isn't just working for Sellafield Ltd
Vacancies advertised through West Cumbria Works, will usually need to comply with the standards set by Sellafield Ltd or those employers they work with.
For most job roles, the minimum qualifications standard will be to have A* – C in Mathematics, English and Science at GCSE level or equivalent. However, each employer will have differing levels of entry, with aptitude tests and competency based interviews carried out for each role.
Required steps and forms
Baseline Personnel Security Standard (overall clearance process)
Baseline Standard Verification Record (form)
Baseline Disclosure Scotland Certificate (issued on successful completion of Baseline Disclosure Scotland application form)
Negative substance abuse test results
Application for Sellafield site access (form)
Sellafield site induction (online course)
This is known as Baseline Personnel Security Standard clearance and it provides an appropriate level of assurance as to an individual’s honesty, integrity and values.
- Verification of your identity (through full name, signature, date of birth and full permanent address). As a minimum, you will need to provide three original documentary items of identity that will need to include a photograph, your nationality and your current address (a valid passport can be used for both nationality and identity).
- Your employment history over the past three years
- Your nationality and / or immigration status establishing your ‘Right to Work’ in the UK
- Your declaration of any unspent criminal conviction records
You will also need to obtain and submit your own original Basic Disclosure Scotland Certificate
- Alcohol (below the current national driving limit)
This list is not exhaustive and may change in line with legislation or medical advice.
All workers on the Sellafield or related sites will also be subject to immediate testing, where there is a reasonable suspicion that an individual is under the influence of drugs or alcohol.
You will also be asked to complete an Application for Sellafield Site Access form. The final step is to pass a computer based site induction course.